CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Gary Evans, my dad"

"Gary Evans, my dad".
My dad is an example of
faith,
love,
charity,
compassion,
generosity,
unconditional love,
patience,
understanding,
honesty,
kindness,
tenderness,
soft spokenness,
friendliness,
thoughtfulness,
being present (without judging or critisizing),
forgiveness.

My dad is-
a leader
a teacher
a hiker
a friend
a disciplinarian
a grandpa
a husband
a golfer
a rewarder
a camper
a cheerleader
a supporter
a bishop
a stake clerk
a peacemaker
a fan
a giver
a missionary
a Marine
a healer
a brother
A Child of God
A Dad

I'm so very thankful for a dad who is a wonderful example of many great things and who is a wonderful influence for good. I'm thankful for a dad who was softspoken and never raised his voice at his children and wife. I'm thankful for a dad who kept the same job in the same city and same house for 30 years so his children never had to change schools. I'm thankful for a dad who always had a quarter for me to make a phone call while on a date just in case of an emergency. I'm thankful for a dad who was always at my dance reciatals and swim meets and anything that was importanct to me. I'm thankful for a dad who always took us to church. I'm thankful for a dad who is a great example of the importance of serving a mission. I'm thankful for a dad who has always been supportive of me while I've been in school. I'm thankful for a dad who is a wonderful grandpa. I'm thankful for a dad who is constantly telling me not to worry, you'll do just fine. I'm thankful for you , dad. I love you, Rachael Happy Father's Day

0 comments: