CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gary & Marena's Mission Call!





This time it really came. On Friday, Nov. 16, our mission call came in the mail. Rachael came over as soon as she knew we had gotten it and asked us to wait until she came to open the large white envelope. Leah was on the speaker phone listening to everything happening. Rachael took these pictures of us with the envelope and then reading the letters that came to each of us individually. It was so exciting. I didn't think I would be as excited but I am. I was reading the letter out loud and got kind of choaked up so Gary had to finish reading it. We are going to report to the Family and History Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, on February 1, 2008. We have so much to do to get ready and we will need to take a trip up to Utah soon to find a place to rent for the year. Leah and Rachael say they are coming to spend the whole summer in Utah! haha! We will see. We will miss our family here in California but will also love being close to David and family in Utah for a short time. We love all our family and spouses and grandchildren. We have been so blessed and hope that this mission will bless our family even more.

3 comments:

♥ Natalie said...

What great news!!! Congratulations, Gary & arena! We are so happy for you. (See? This is why blogs are important...we had no idea you had even submitted papers.) We wish you luck on your mission!

♥ Natalie said...

sorry, I left off the "M" of "Marena"

lnzcar said...

How wonderful. Utah is cold and you can have a good time shopping for warm clothes. Pretty new sweaters and cool boots. How fun.
Gary Evans, you rock. I always loved you and I know my sister is blessed to have you for a mate.
Is Utah on the same time as KY?
I'll find out when you answer when I call you in Utah in the wee hours of the morning. You will say,"don't they have clocks in KY?"